Sunday, September 6, 2009

Who's In For San Diego Restaurant Week 2009?

All of San Diego is gearing up for San Diego Restaurant Week. After participating in, (and being quite pleased with), the Taste of Gaslamp, I am sure Restaurant Week will be amazing. For those of you who do not know, San Diego Restaurant Week features 180 local restaurants offering 3-course meals for only $20, $30, or $40 per person (price depends on the restaurant). Unlike the Taste of Gaslamp, this is not just a food sampling event, but rather a sit down meal at the restaurant of your choice. San Diego Restaurant Week is going on it's 5th year in hopes of continuing to display San Diego as a "premier dining destination." There is no need for tickets for the Week however, reservations are highly recommended.


So you must be thinking to yourself, is $40 really worth it? If you know some of the restaurants participating, you would think otherwise. Getting a 3-course meal at the best restaurants for that price is beyond reasonable. So now is your time to try that restaurant you have been curious about.


Other than my experience with Taste of Gaslamp or dinners out, I have not explored all these restaurants as much as I would have liked. But that is what Restaurant Week is for, right? Based on past experiences and what I have been hearing, these are the places to try:
  • One of my favorites in downtown, Dakota Grill, have yet to be disappointed. Love their Roasted Garlic Flat Bread for an appetizer. Their fish and steaks are excellent. I am more of a fish lover but when I tried their steak I was very happy with it. Creme Brulee is a great choice for dessert.
  • NINE-TEN. Now I have only eaten here for breakfast but they had phenomenal eggs benedict, (which I might add, I am extremely picky about). I have heard they have great dinner menus as well so this would be a great place to try out
  • Trattoria Acqua was a recommendation when I was staying at the Grand Colonial Hotel in La Jolla and I could not have been more pleased with their suggestion. I had an amazing dish of ravioli here and am looking forward to what they crank out during Restaurant Week.
  • George's at the Cove definitely a well known restaurant in San Diego and another place I dont think you could go wrong.
  • The Prado I have only gotten the chance to eat here for dinner once (several times for business mixer breakfasts), but it was fabulous. Their menu for Restaurant Week looks great and diverse. Another great thing about the Prado is its location in gorgeous Balboa Park.
  • Ruth's Chris Steakhouse always a delicious choice. Has been a favorite of mine for a while now. $40 bucks is a steal to have 3 courses here.
My list is short, I know, but all these places would be a fabulous choice for a 3-course meal. If you are in San Diego September 13-18, now you know where you need to be--San Diego Restaurant Week.




Links

Connect With Me