Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Eating In San Diego Style

I realize that in my blog so far I have explored restaurants and things to do. Now every so often I will throw in something new, but along the same lines of my favorite things. This next post is not about a new place to eat out but rather something to help you make the most of San Diego while eating in!

Sam the Cooking Guy. A local San Diegan who makes cooking easy, enjoyable, and something anyone can do no matter their skill level. His recipes vary and you can find something no matter what mood you are in. Sam prides himself on his lack of “chef-speak” and his ability to reach out to many people due to the simplicity, (but tastiness) of most of his recipes.

A personal favorite of mine is the White Pizza with Spinach & Garlic (I know, white pizza again, can you tell I kinda have a thing for it??) My boyfriend made this for me the first time over a year ago and it is now a frequent meal in my life. Delicious and simple. Something every college student looks for in their meals.

Another recipe that proved success was the Spicy Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry. Being a huge asparagus fan, this was not difficult to like for me. The stir fry tasted fresh and the textures of the veggies and meat meshed very well together.

So when staying in fits your mood, try one of Sam’s recipes and you will not be disappointed.

Links

Connect With Me