Monday, August 17, 2009

A Little Slice of New York in San Diego

I think by now my passion for eating and dining out is quite clear. So I think it is time to give you a little insight into the food I crave on a regular basis.

First up, Bronx Pizza (Show map of 111 Washington St, San Diego, CA 92103). Now I have to start by saying I am not a huge pizza fan. For some reason, it never really settled well with me, nothing spectacular. I know it may sound weird, but it is true. So why do I crave Bronx Pizza you ask? Once you try it, you will to. Their Whitestone pizza is so yummy it is near impossible to not crave it. The thin crust pizza right out of the oven made with mozzarella, ricotta, garlic and parmesan, makes the Whitestone is near perfection. You can order by the slice (only $2.50!) or a whole pie. The menu includes many toppings and different speciality pizzas, so the combinations are basically limitless.

But that is not all that is great about Bronx Pizza. The little restaurant located in Hillcrest is like stepping into a pizza place in New York, (the men that work behind the counter even greet you with "New York attitudes"). The place is covered with New York decor like maps, pictures of famous New Yorkers, and their is even a room dedicated to the Yankees.

My dad is originally from the Bronx and that is actually how I found this place. Trying to make his Father's Day special I wanted to find a place he would love. When I stumbled upon an authentic New York, hole-in-the-wall pizza place with great reviews, I knew we had to try. The whole family was so pleased and my dad still talks about this place! The pages of great reviews do not lie!

So when you are wanting a slice of pizza, don't just settle, try a piece of authentic New York pizza from Bronx pizza.

Connect With Me