Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hillcrest's Farmers Market

Today I decided to explore the Hillcrest's Farmers Market because as you know street fairs and farmers markets are some of my favorite things to do. Now this is what a farmers market looks like!!! Canopies full of food, things to buy, and fresh produce filled the streets. There were so many selections. I was starving as usual so I stopped at the La Creperie stand (they have an actual place in north park). For $8, I got a savory crepe with spinach, avocado, cheese, and a secret delicious sauce. So yummy! It was filling and the ingredients were bursting with flavor. The sauce is pretty garlicky but for a garlic-lover like me it was perfect! I'm usually a sweet crepe fan and go for just Nutella but I am so happy for this decision. The rest of the food there looked great but La Creperie gets my vote.

There is an extensive amount of fresh produce and flowers available. The rest of the stands that had things to buy had a wide variety of clothing, jewelry, and other little knick-knacks. I thought the stands were very interesting to look at and many of them lured me in to peruse around. The people here are friendly and are more than willing to help you out at their booth. There is a great mix of people in the crowd too, locals and exciting newbie looking to explore.

Parking can be a challenge, but look on the surrounding neighborhood streets and you are bound to find something. It is a great way to support locals and I definitely suggest bringing an eco-friendly bag to carry all of your goodies. I plan to make this a Sunday morning ritual because I am so pleased about my experience today.

Links
  • Every Sunday 9am-2pm located in the DMV parking lot (Lincoln Street between Cleveland and Normal)
  • http://www.hillquest.com/hba/farmersmarket.htm

Connect With Me